Friday, December 20, 2013

Some of my Favorite Music Videos of 2013
I know I forgot a lot.

Odonis Odonis - Better
This is a cheap, unoriginal music video, but I love how it reminds me of old Austra videos, and the cult dancing is solid. The cheap masks are pretty creepy too.

Dizzee Rascal - I Don't Need a Reason
As absurd and awesome as the song



Solange - Loves in the Parking Lot
Solange seems to do no wrong.


Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Sacrilege
The fancy reverse narration doesn't get in the way of a good music video.

Ciara - Body Party
Sexy song, sexy video


Haim - Falling
Oh just some cute Stevie Nicks wannabes in what seems to be a witchy Abercrombie and Fitch shoot? YES PLEASE



Pissed Jeans - Romanticize Me
Simple idea flawlessly executed



Ghost BC - Year Zero
Nice Mini-horror movie for a really catchy pop song.


Pusha T feat Kendrick Lamar - Nosetalgia
Simple and in your face




Disclosure - When A Fire Starts to Burn
Maybe it takes a sermon to get me into Disclosure?


No Joy - Hare Tarot Lies
Love the creepiness of this video.


Mykki Blanco- Kingpinning
My favorite visual rapper makes so many great videos. This one is his most simple, making the basic rap video interesting, His live show with Boychild was transcendent.



Beach House - Wishes
Still pretty bored by Beach House, but every Eric Wareheim video is must-see



Savages - Shut Up
Best live performance video, I think... but I think I'm forgetting something.


CHVRCHES - Lies
Their videos got a little too slick for me, but I like the Depeche Mode vibe here



Blood Orange - Time Will Tell
Huge fan of people-dancing-alone videos


Austra - Reconcile
THIS TEACHER IS AWESOME



Taylor Swift - 22
Don't Pretend you don't like it. I want her T Shirt


Milosh - Slow Down
So simple and emotional and great



Joanna Gruesome
This and the next video are my favorites of the year, and weirdly similar.



LIZ - U Over Them
I want this on repeat forever.



No comments: